Monday, November 8, 2010

Buying OrgraN Vanilla Cake Mix, 13.2-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 8)


I love this stuff. I've tried several gluten-free mixes, and OrgraN is definitely my favorite. I also can't have eggs or dairy, so I loved that the mix is also free of these.

I will note that I did NOT have success with their vegan option for the cake -- turns out more like pancakes -- but I tweaked it with my own vegan recipe with no problems. I used crisco instead of butter (vegan butter did not work so well, nor did oil) and tofu instead of eggs. (1/4 cup of silken tofu, firm, + 1 tsp baking powder = 1 egg.) You reallllly have to beat away to get the tofu as creamy as possible if you're going to use it, though. Mix all wet ingredients first before adding the dry.

If you're a bundle of allergies like me and are tired of funny textured, blah-tasting cakes, give this a try.

P.S. Betty Crocker's icings are all gluten-free. I use the white icing with this one. Mmm.Get more detail about OrgraN Vanilla Cake Mix, 13.2-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 8).

No comments:

Post a Comment