Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dark Vanilla Cake Mix - 14 oz - Powder Top Quality


I have been eating and feeding my family gluten free for 1.5 years. I've yet to find a vanilla cake mix that I would buy regularly. (For chocolate cake mix, it's Pamela's all the way. My kids and hubby like chocolate, but I'm not a fan. Hence, the continued search.) This is the best I've found so far. No grainy texture, not dry and dense. It has a nice flavor, but it's a little bit more than vanilla alone, although words fail me at the minute to describe it accurately. If I could end my search for cake mix, I'd give it 5 stars. Still, this is the one I will stick with for now. Just so you know - I use mixes so (1) I can whip up birthday and Valentine's cakes and the like and (2) I can make cupcakes, so I have something to eat on the rush to work (can't just buy a muffin anywhere to go with my coffee!) or send in the kids' lunch boxes. (One of my two sons must also eat gluten free.) For me, this mix made 10 cupcakes in the oversize muffin tin using cupcake liners.

Pros: good taste & texture; soft quality, good flavor

Cons: must cream butter and sugar in this recipe - so you can't just open the box & start baking; you have to soften your butter first, and have eggs at room temp. (For the eggs, I just take them straight out of the refrigerator and sit them in warm water for a couple of minutes. But I've not figured out how to soften butter except the regular way.)Get more detail about Dark Vanilla Cake Mix - 14 oz - Powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment