Friday, June 11, 2010

Low Price Yoki (Brex), Cheese Bread Mix, 8.8-Ounce Units (Pack of 24)


This brings back so many memories from living in Brazil. Pao de queijo is often eaten as a breakfast food along with coffee or hot chocolate. I've been having to travel up to Toronto to find my stash and it costs me $2.50-2.75 per box, so it's actually cheaper to have Amazon send it to me. I love it!

When I make mine, I add a little extra cheese to it - usually grated parmasaen that I have in the fridge. Also, to make your little balls, a medium cookie scoop works well for the amount of dough you will use. Keep a little cooking oil by you because you will want to form the balls with your hands. A little oil on your palm between each ball will keep it from sticking too much and it helps them cook up nicer. The box says to let them get golden, but I find that the tops don't turn very gold in color. As they start to crack as they expand, you know you are close. I usually go about a minute longer than the time says. When you pull them out, you'll notice the bottoms are nice and golden.

Make sure you eat them all. Pao de queijo doesn't reheat very well. Try them the Brazilian breakfast way with your favorite coffee or even better, hot chocolate - you'll love 'em!Get more detail about Yoki (Brex), Cheese Bread Mix, 8.8-Ounce Units (Pack of 24).

No comments:

Post a Comment