Thursday, June 3, 2010

Namaste Foods, Gluten Free Sugar Free Muffin Mix, 14-Ou,nce Bags (Pack of 6) This instant


Granted, I tried to doctor this mix up based upon some other reviews and my own baking experience pre-gluten-free, but I imagine if these muffins tasted as bad as they did doctored up, this is a pretty sorry mix. It is possible that I just got a bad bag, but the expiration date was still 11 months away so no excuse. I added orange juice and yogurt in place of water for moisture, and added 1/3C brown sugar as a sweetener. I threw in a large dash of flax seed meal (which I add to everything I bake GF for fiber and protein). I added butter (whirred with the brown sugar to start) in place of oil, and 1C frozen blueberries since the goal was blueberry muffins. They were awful enough, literally like paste, that I had to spit out what I ate and so did my husband. But the kids had fun making them and actually like them. Good thing I made banana bread muffins from scratch the same day or I would have been really disappointed.Get more detail about Namaste Foods, Gluten Free Sugar Free Muffin Mix, 14-Ou,nce Bags (Pack of 6).

No comments:

Post a Comment