Saturday, May 15, 2010

Buy The Gluten-Free Pantry Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix, 22-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)


Positives:The mix is easy and quick to make, requiring only about an hour total time for a loaf of bread. Appearance is very close to a wheat-based 'white' bread. Cost is comparable to most other mixes that I've tried. It keeps well and holds together well with toasting and constructing a sandwich. It made good croutons, too.

Negatives: I did not really care for the texture that much. It is fine at the first bite, but with chewing falls apart into a granular mouth-feel that is off-putting. Also, the bread has something of an after-taste that I did not like very much. I found myself really loading up my sandwich with spicy mustard, pickles, tomatoes, et cetera to cover up the taste.

Overall, this bread is "okay" but not great. It is certainly better than most of the loaves you will pick-up from the freezer at the grocer's. I would recommend trying it if you are looking a child-friendly gluten-free bread, as it does look very much like white bread. Maybe with some minor additions to the mix such as vanilla and/or sugar the aftertaste issue could be overcome.Get more detail about The Gluten-Free Pantry Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix, 22-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6).

No comments:

Post a Comment