Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Canterbury Naturals Sunshine Lemon Cake Mix, 15.5-Ounce Units (Pack of 6) This instant


The first time I made these I accidentally put two boxes of mix in two 1 1/2 qt corningwear casseroles- when I should have used two 8 by 8 pans. When I checked the cake at the correct time, it was still wet in the middle, so I put foil over the top so the cakes wouldn't burn, cooked it a while longer, and then turned the heat off and let it sit.

Even with my failure to follow the directions I got a MARVELOUS thick lemony cake- although it did fall a bit in the center. It had a marvelous texture. Quite lovely (I did add the lemon zest- I think it is well worth it to do that. It adds a lot of flavor.) When you make it correctly it also turns out beautifully. This is a very delicious mix, and if you like lemon cake, I don't see how you could fail to like this mix. I'm also pleased that the sell-by date is a year off. It's not like the mix is going to sit around very long- we've already eaten half of them, but still- I've gotten expired products from Amazon, but this line of mixes seems to be very fresh.

Edit- I'm going to have to subscribe to getting this more than every 6 months! And for a delicious glaze, I have found that mixing about 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice and about 1/2-2/3 cup powdered sugar makes a delicious glaze. I poke holes in the warm cake top and spread the glaze on so the entire top is coated- and because I put shallow holes in the top the cake absorbs the glaze better. I generally have a little glaze left over, and I use that on French toast. It's also nice to add grated lemon zest to the glaze. I use 1 large or 2 medium lemons, to get the amount of juice and zest I need.Get more detail about Canterbury Naturals Sunshine Lemon Cake Mix, 15.5-Ounce Units (Pack of 6).

No comments:

Post a Comment